This Site is being Closed Down.
Please Visit www.LakeHouse.com to Buy, Sell or Rent Lake Property.
There you can Search for Lake Property, Lake Lots, and Lake Houses for sale. Find your dream waterfront cabin, cottage, log home, land, or lake real estate auction.
Lake Home and Lake Property Buyers: Are you a buyer looking for a lake home for sale, log home, cabin, or similar lake property for sale? Here are some questions that you might want to ask the listing agent or the seller of a property advertised on LakeSearcher…
- How much are the property taxes? If you are buying a lake property, you will want to know about your cost of ownership.
- Is there a lake association or home owners association? What are the costs and fees?
You will want to decide how you plan to use your lake property. Are you interested in fishing, quiet pontoon boat rides or water sports like water skiing or wake boarding? The size and quality of the lake might be important to you. Are you looking for a small lake cabin or a large lake home? Do you want to purchase a vacant lot on a lake and build your dream lake house? Do you want a log home or a lake property that is low maintenance?
- What is the size of the lake? Is it small and quiet, can I use my big boat on the lake, is it a waterski lake, are there any lake restrictions?
- What is the lake frontage like? Is it sandy, weedy, is there a seawall or other shoreline protection on the property?
- How is the water quality? Is the water clear, stained, is there a lot of algae in the lake?
- How is the fishing on the lake? What kinds of fish are there?
- Is a dock included? How deep is the water at the end of the dock? What is the lake bottom like in front of the property?
Lake Lot Buyers: If you are looking for a lake lot for sale, you have come to the right place. Most people have never purchased a lake lot before. There are some things you should be looking for and some questions you should be asking the seller to make sure that you find the best property to build your dream lake home.
- Has the lake lot been surveyed? Are the lot corners clearly marked?
- What is the building setback line from the lake? Building setbacks vary in different states and counties. You will want to know where you can build on your lake lot.
- What is the access to the lake lot? Who maintains the road?
- Are there any protective covenants or deed restrictions on the property? What are the building requirements? Can you camp before you build your home?
- Is power available to the property or do you need to bring it in from a distance or live “off the grid” on a generator?
- Is there a public water and sewer system or do you need a well and septic? How deep are the wells in the area? What type of septic system is required? What does a well and septic cost in the area?
- What are the restrictions on cutting trees, clearing views, shoreline improvements, docks, etc?
Lake Area Properties and Trophy Properties: Are you looking for an incredible property in a good recreational area near lakes but not necessarily on the water? Check out our Lake Area Properties or Trophy Properties section where you will find unique estates, executive homes, and other specialty properties located in good recreational and waterfront areas. You will also find homes located in lakefront communities here…some even have deeded access to lakes or a boat slip available on the water.
River and Stream Properties: Rivers and streams have an appeal that is a little different than lakes. What happens upstream can affect your enjoyment of the property. Find out what is happening upstream of the property you are considering. Are there wastewater plants dumping into the river that might affect your enjoyment of the property? Some rivers look just like a lake. Some rivers and streams flow into lakes. There are some river properties where you can water ski and others that are more appropriate for canoes and kayaks. You will need to decide what type of river or stream suits your needs. There are some important items to consider when you are looking at homes and cabins for sale on a river or a stream:
- Is there a floodplain and is the home built higher than the flood zone?
- Where is the river channel located? How deep is it?
- Is the river navigable in a boat, canoe, or kayak? Are docks or wharves allowed or practical on the river?
- How fast does the river flow? How much does the water level fluctuate through the year?
Real Estate Agents: If you are a real estate agent with a lake property listing, post it for sale on LakeSearcher.com with up to 25 photos, full descriptions, and free video tours and virtual tour links for just $25 until the property sells. We have larger and very affordable advertising packages available for agents with 3, 10, 20, or more lake properties for sale.
Lake Home, Lake Lot, and Lake Property Sellers: We gladly accept FSBO listings, but selling a lake property is not easy in this market and a professional real estate agent can make sure that your property is priced correctly, marketed properly, and sells at a fair price in a reasonable time...We would highly suggest that you contact one of the featured real esate agents specializing in lake homes and lake property in your area. Let them know that your found them on LakeSearcher.com.
Waterfront Property Search by State:
Alabama Lake Houses, Alaska Lake Homes, Arizona Lake Lots, Arkansas Lake Property, California Lake Houses, Colorado Lake Homes , Connecticut Lake Lots , Delaware Lake Property , Florida Lake Houses, Georgia Lake Lots, Idaho Lake Homes , Illinois Lake Houses, Indiana Lake Lots, Iowa Lake Houses, Kansas Lake Homes , Kentucky Lake Houses , Louisiana Lake Lots , Maine Lake Houses, Massachusetts Lake Lots, Michigan Lake Houses, Minnesota Lake Houses, Mississippi Lake Lots , Missouri Lake Houses, Montana Lake Property, Nebraska Lake Lots,New Hampshire Lake Houses , New Jersey Lake Property, New Mexico Lake Lots, New York Lake Houses, North Carolina Lake Houses,North Dakota Lake Lots , Ohio Lake Houses , Oklahoma Lake Property , Oregon Lake Lots,Pennsylvania Lake Property,South Carolina Lake Houses, South Dakota Lake Lots, Tennessee Lake Houses, Texas Lake Houses ,Utah Lake Lots, Vermont Lake Homes, Virginia Lake Property, Washington Lake Houses, West Virginia Lake Property, Wisconsin Lake Houses,Wyoming Lake Lots